The Galeries Lafayette is a town in a town measured at 70 000m2 which exists for more than 100 years. The equivalent of half the French population walks through their doors each year…! So when Jules goes to visit, he knows he will find an abundance of clothes, makeup, perfume and people, people, people! However what he does not know is that the Galeries Lafayette Haussmann offers a number of services (at a price or free of charge) to its clients! Personal shopper, deco consultant, cooking classes, unusual locations… those are six good reasons to go to the Galeries Lafayette!
- Women’s footwear department: knowing that a French woman buys on average six pairs of shoes a year, the women’s footwear department located underground of the Galeries does not disappoint! 6 000 m2, 150 brands, pairs of shoes ranging from 15 to 2000€, a shoe repair service and a spa dedicated exclusively to feet. It is impossible to leave this place empty handed!
Basement of the main shop.
- Personal shopper service: Jules feels that you are having difficulty finding your style! Do not panic, the Galeries Lafayette can offer you a personal shopper! In a private room, you will be able to try on the clothes that the stylist has concocted for you to suit your tastes, trends and budget (Free service).
If you are tempted by a complete makeover, this is also possible! Diagnosis of colours and silhouette, study of your wardrobe, trying on a selection of clothes in a private room, hair cut and colouring advice at the Maniatis salon and a makeup session with a professional… With all of this, Jules is bound to be happy!
2nd floor of the main shop.
By appointment, by phone +33 (0)220.127.116.11.50 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
-The Terrasse Restaurant : On the 8th and top floor of the Galeries, Jules takes a break with his head in the clouds at the Terrasse Restaurant. The view on the Parisian roofs is unobstructed and the decor is sealed with the approval of Patrick Jouin and Sanjit Manku.
In the kitchen, it is the chefs Pierre Hermé and Fumiko Kono who offer a half traditional/ half modern menu where France meets Japan!
Eighth floor of the main shop. From Mondays to Saturdays, 12pm to 6pm.
Reservations by telephone: +33.(0)18.104.22.168.46
- The Bordeauxthèque : 12 000 references of Bordeaux wine ! Located at the heart of the Lafayette Gourmet, the Bordeauxthèque boasts bottles coming exclusively from Bordeaux ranging from 4 to 10 000€: Château Latour, Petrus, Yquem, Cheval-Blanc, Mouton Rothschild, Margaux, Haut-Brion… Jules is still on the search for a bottle missing in his collection! A place which will drive all (Bordeaux) wine amateurs crazy!
1st floor of the Lafayette Gourmet.
- The Archi Workshop : Jules dreams of redesigning his bachelor pad ! So, he seeks advice from decorators and interior designers at Lafayette Maison. From the renovation and rearrangement of an entire space to the simple decoration of one room… the experts will have the answer to all your questions!
2nd floor of Lafayette Maison. Information: +33.(0)22.214.171.124.38
- Chefs Workshop at the Galeries Lafayette Maison: Jules has always wanted to learn how to cook with a Chef, a real one! And with the Chefs Workshop at Lafayette Maison, he can! In an all glass and fully equipped kitchen, Jules can make a simple and original recipe, timed in an hour, which he can then make at home and benefit from the advice and tricks from a famous chef! Then voilà, in the stove!
Level -1 of Lafayette Maison, information on www.atelierdeschefs.fr
Open from Mondays to Saturdays, 9.30am to 8pm, except Thursdays until 9pm.
Galeries Lafayette Haussmann
40, boulevard Haussmann
T. : +33.(0)126.96.36.199.56
48, boulevard Haussmann
T. : +33.(0)188.8.131.52.25.
35, boulevard Haussmann
T. : +33.(0)184.108.40.206.56